March 19, 2014

Elimination Diet - aka "Boring"

Well, it's happened folks. My eczema has gotten the best of me, so I decided it was time to go big or go home. That means I'm on a full elimination diet to try and pinpoint the cause of my lifelong itching. Since January 14th, I have been off dairy, gluten, sugar, eggs, corn, soy, peanuts, coffee, and nightshade vegetables (eggplant, white potatoes, peppers, cayenne and paprika). The first two weeks were AWFUL. I wanted to kick puppies and steal everyone's candy. I didn't realize how addicted I'd become to sugar and gluten! I craved bagels like I did when I was pregnant, and I started drooling when my coworkers ate candy.

Slowly, the cravings went away, and I began to feel better. The big question I get these days is "What on earth do you eat!?" My diet consists of vegetables, chicken, fish, quinoa, rice, almond milk, GF oatmeal, nuts and water. Lots and lots of water.

I'm going to start blogging my Elimination Diet recipes because after combing through Pinterest, Google, Amazon, the library and the rest of the vast universe, I discovered something sad. There are not a lot of resources dedicated to ED recipes. So I'm going to put some more information out there, in the hopes that it can help someone else. For now, here are some of the resources I've been using:

My Pinterest board

Oh She Glows (vegan recipes, delicious!)

Nourishing Meals

Nightshade Free Recipes

And last, but not least, my awesome nutritionist, who has been holding my itchy little hand every step of the way

0 comments: