November 17, 2008

Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies

picture "borrowed" from Mrs. Sacs Purple Kitchen


Yeah, they are just as delicious as they sound! Our friends threw a Pumpkin Party last Saturday night and everyone was asked to bring a dish made from or with pumpkin. Squash substitutes were not allowed :-)

I requested a dessert, since I was going to be out of town and it would have been easier for Alex to transport a dessert to the party. After asking my faithful What's Cooking Nesties, one of them suggested her Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake brownies. Knowing that one of the party hosts loves cheesecake, I jumped on this. I was a little apprehensive about the pumpkin/chocolate combo, but they turned out to be amazing. Oooey, gooey, chocolate, pumpkin-spicy amazing.

I'm borrowing the picture from Mrs. Sacs Purple Kitchen website. I didn't get a chance to take a picture because Saturday was so rushed (had a flight to catch) and Alex whisked the brownies off to the party. They were devoured and that makes me happy. Oh, and they are most definitely NOT weight watcher friendly!

Ingredients:
Brownie Batter (or, if you're pressed for time like I was, you can just use a boxed mix)
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Cheesecake Batter
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp each ground ginger and ground cloves

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8" square metal baking pan.
Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and then gradually stir into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. In separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter ingredients.
Spread about 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife back and forth through the pan.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

There actually is a WW version of these out the somewhere. I will have to find it for you. I have not tried it as I like my desserts fattening!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, boy, those look pretty amazing!

Maria said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the swirl!! They look fabulous!

Yawle Pop said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks good!

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, I saw a variation of these on Martha Stewart's website and I kept meaning to try them. Thanks for the reminder--yours look fab!