January 14, 2009

Corny McMuffinsons (TWD, a day late)

TWD'ers, I apologize for posting on Wednesday. I was in beautiful and sunny San Diego for business until late last night (really, early this morning) and wasn't able to post my Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins.

I went on a baking spree this Saturday and knocked out Dorie's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins, and Weight Watchers Shepherd's Pie. I was a little sad with how the muffins turned out. I baked them for the recommended 20 minutes, but they were too dry. I think that might be because I had to use yogurt instead of buttermilk, but I'm not sure. Overall, the flavor was really good, even though it was dry! I added in chipotle adobo sauce to give them a nice smokey flavor and the fresh cilantro was a great touch. These would be great with vegetarian chili spooned over the top.
I will make these again, but next time, I'll only bake for 17 minutes or so. Great selection, Rebecca!

6 comments:

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE the name of your post...SO funny!

These muffins were great! Nice Job!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Too bad they were too dry. At least they look good and the flavor is good.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Saright about posting today. My Dorie recipes always bake up a little fast. How was the shepherd's pie?

Engineer Baker said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love baking sprees, they're just so much fun. Adobo sauce sounds wonderful too.

What's Cookin Chicago said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like the use of yogurt instead and would have thought it would make it less dry... Regardless, it still looks good and the idea of serving this with chili sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful and sunny! I'm so jealous!! I'd post late if it were beautiful and sunny where I was too!