June 9, 2009

TWD: Parisian Peach Tartlet


Thank you for this recipe, Jessica. I think this was, by far, the EASIEST Dorie recipe. I had everything I needed already in the kitchen. Puff pastry? Check. Peaches? Check. Butter? Duh. Brown sugar? Double check. A husband who loves dessert? Clearly, check.

I was a little worried because my puff pastry was pretty old, but since it had been in the freezer, I hoped it would be okay. It puffed up beautifully and flaked very nicely. I don't think it was the tastiest, but that's okay. This tart is so simple and so beautiful, I can see myself making it for dinner parties many times over. I kept it small, using the individual pastry squares that came in the package, and trimmed the edges to make them a little rounder. I used mini-cookie cutters on my scraps and they became puff pastry snackies, sprinkled with parmesan and baked for about 8 minutes.

The original TWD recipe is a Parisian Apple Tart, but I wasn't in the apple mood. It's summertime and all the delicious stone fruits are calling my name. Peaches, plums, nectarines, etc...I just can't get enough! I served the warm tart to Alex, topped with vanilla ice cream of course, and he loved it. He doesn't like things to be very sweet, so I only used 1 tsp of brown sugar per tart. However, it wasn't quite sweet enough for me, so next time, I'll use 1.5-2 tsp on at least some of them.
Great recipe, as always, Dorie.

4 comments:

vibi said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OH! Peaches must have been totaly divine in this... I could try this next time and perhaps sprinkle them with lavender! Love that combination!

Very well done, Beth... thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks so much for baking along with me this week - I had peach tartlets, too, and loved them! I also love your little parmesan hearts - cute! :)

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your tartlet looks fabulous! It seems like peaches were a popular choice this week so I'll have to try that version soon!

margot said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks great! Good call on making little snacks out of the scraps, I felt bad wasting dough.