July 28, 2009

Final Wilton Cake

Is that "Pomp and Circumstance" I hear? That's right - I graduated! Last night was our final Wilton 1 class, where we learned the famed Wilton Rose. And let me tell you, that thing is HARD! Not impossible, but hard. After making multiple cabbages instead of roses, the instructor finally told me I was turning the nail in the wrong direction. ::facepalm::


Next week I'll start Course 2 and learn how to do lots of different flowers. Can't wait! This cake is another Chinese 5-Spice cake, but it's filled with Cinnamon Roll pudding. Should be good, right? I'm sure Alex's coworkers will enjoy the sugar rush.



They still look slightly cabbage-esque, but I'm learning. This 7-rose bunch took me about 35 minutes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your roses look great! congrats on finishing the class.

Erica said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're amazing!!! I want to get married again just so you can make my cake :)

TeaLady said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

don't feel bad. I did the same thing with my first roses. But in the end I learned how to make them. Actually, i kind of liked the frilly edged 'cabbage' roses. Cake looks great.

Rachel said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So pretty! I am so jealous I have been dying to take a Wilton class! Def. on my list for my post bar/pre working months!

Rachel said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So pretty! I really want to take a Wilton class--especially if my cakes start looking like this!!