August 7, 2009

Salmon in Foil

Summertime, and the livin' is easy. Well, okay, at least this dish is easy! And it works well when both Alex and I get home at 9PM on a weeknight or when I want to really impress people with some fancy cooking skillz. Oh yeah, I haz dem.

This is a family recipe that I can remember my parents making in a pinch. It works well with any kind of fish, but we happen to enjoy it with salmon. The sauce can also be altered to your own tastes, but I like to keep it simple!

Ingredients:
1-1.5 lb salmon fillet
aluminum foil squares (big enough to wrap around each piece of fish)
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS lemon juice
2-3 tsp dijon mustard
Parsley flakes

Instructions:
Pre-heat the oven to 450.
Divide the fish into 4 serving sizes (or 2 for larger portions) and lay in the center of a foil square (skin side down). Turn up the edges slightly to form a makeshift bowl, so the liquid won't run out.
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard and pour equally over all the fish. If you run out, just make more.
Sprinkle the fish with parsley and then wrap up the foil. Fold over the long edges first and roll down, then the short edges, making sure it's well sealed.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on how well done you like your fish. If you're serving this to a large group, it might be easier to remove the fish from each foil packet and then serve it.


Peekabo - where are you?

Found you! Now get in my belleh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We have salmon instead of gefilte fish for Shabbos. I will have to adapt this to our rotation.

I blog my salmon recipe for Shabbos, each week. As a result, we have a new recipe weekly.

Thanks for a new recipe.

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks great! I have just recently started to eat salmon. It is really light and good!