November 3, 2009

TWD Repeat: Sugar Topped Molasses Spice Cookies


For the month of November, us TWD Bakers are given the option to bake the recipes in whichever order appeals to our schedules. Since I had already made the Molasses Spice Cookies once before, I knew it would be easy to whip them up again. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of letting the butter melt instead of just coming to room temperature. The cookies tasted absolutely delicious, but they were really flat and thin. I used the picture from the last time I made these, since this batch didn't look all that pretty. But they still managed to disappear within a few days!

If you follow the recipe well and don't mess up the butter, you'll get a slightly thin and chewy cookie, with a hint of heat from black pepper and ginger. The molasses flavor really comes through and makes these cookies a perfect fall/winter afternoon treat. Thanks for picking one of my Dorie favorites, Pamela!

8 comments:

Hindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

As you say, the important thing is that they taste great. Well done!

Susan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am going to make these next week and use them for my soldiers (Operation Baking Gal!), minus a few for me! I'll make sure my butter doesn't melt! :)

Charli said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

As long as they still tasted great, right? I'm actually not a huge fan of molasses, but everyone who is loved these!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YUM! They sound delicious.

TeaLady said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look just perfect. It is always the taste that counts.

Pamela said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for baking with me, even if it meant baking them a second time! And I think they looked great in that picture.

Flourchild said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Im glad you liked them. I can't wait to make these. I made the cake this week, it was good too!

Dorothy at Belle of the Kitchen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those look so good! I love molasses cookies!