January 19, 2010

TWD: Cocoa-Nana Bread

*I just re-checked the schedule and realize that I accidentally flipped the baking weeks. I'm sorry! Next week will be the Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars. The Cocoa-Nana bread is for the week of the 26th. Ooops.*

you can see the wisps of steam rising. I'm an impatient little baker!

Dorie, I will never doubt you again. When I first saw that cocoa-nana bread was the selection for this week, I thought "Meh. Chocolate banana bread? Been there, done that. I'll just throw it together and send it off with Alex to work. I already have a recipe that I love."

Ms. Greenspan, I'm sorry. I was so wrong.
::hangs head in cocoa-nana shame::

This is more than chocolate banana bread. This is heaven. This is a dense and moist chocolatey cake disguised as "bread." The first flavors you notice are chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, and then the banana hits you in the background. I threw in some chopped pecans just for fun, and the nuttiness is just the right compliment to this bread. Internets, this is some good stuff here. Really really good stuff. I'm really sorry that I didn't bring some for lunch today.

9 comments:

Amanda said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I made this already too, am making it again today because I think I overbaked mine a bit. Seems a bit dry. But man, very tasty!!

Amy of Sing For Your Supper said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, this looks great! I'm glad you accidentally posted this early - now I get to see what it looks like! I was planning on skipping this one, but after reading your review, I think I'll definitely try it! :-)

-Amy
www.singforyoursupperblog.com

chocolatechic said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was thinking about not making this next week because it just didn't sound good...but now...I might just make it.

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I never met a banana bread I didn't love! Except maybe one I saw made with peanut butter. (allergic) So I subbed almond butter. This one is next on my list. Thanks. Also, please subscribe me to your blog with my email address. Thanks.

Susan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was seriously thinking of skipping this. I like bananas, but not in breads or muffins. But, based on your rave review, I think I will give it a try. :)

Teanna said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm sold! I was going to make it anyways, but now I'm really excited for this! It looks great!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad you liked it. I still can't decide what i think.

i will say though. I love the idea of a chocolate loaf!

Marthe said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This was Ah-mazing!! I loved it and will be baking it again this weekend! Yum! Adding pecans is a great idea!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Mmmmm,it sounds and looks yummy! I can't wait to try mine - it's in the oven as I write this. :)