February 10, 2010

Hot Toddies


So, you're stuck inside with 25 inches of snow on the ground and another 10-20 currently falling from the sky. What to do but drink a hot toddy, right?

Drink on, my friends.

Ingredients:
1 oz brandy, whiskey or rum
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 lemon
1 cup hot water
1 tea bag

Instructions:
Coat the bottom of a mug or an Irish coffee glass with honey. Add the liquor and the juice of the lemon quarter (or, if you're stuck in the house, feel free to use bottled lemon juice).

On the side, heat water in a tea kettle and add the tea bag to make hot tea. Pour the steaming tea into the glass and stir.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Amanda said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I live in Georgia... but it was kinda cold today. And I have all these ingredients. And I'm trying to avoid grading papers.

Those are all good reasons, right?

(By the way, I found your blog through your DB post to the March forum. :) )