February 9, 2010

TWD: Rick Katz's (Mint) Brownies for Julia Child


Before I talk about how amazing these brownies were, can we please have a moment of silence for our dearly departed digital camera?

::tear::

It slipped out of my snowy hands over the weekend and met its end by crashing onto the floor. Looks like it's time for a new camera! DSLR, anyone? Yeah, right. When I win the lottery!

The shady pic you see is from my cell phone. Ick!

Moving on...

These brownies were chosen by Tayna of Chocolatechic (really, did you expect anything else from someone with that blog name?), and the reason for the crazy name is that Rick Katz created this extra special uber-spectuacular recipe specifically for Julia Child.

I.Love.These.Brownies. Up until this weekend, I've been firmly seated on the "You Can't Beat a Boxed Brownie Mix" bench, but this recipe made me eat those words. Heh. They are rich, fudgy, gooey and perfectly chocolatey. I replaced the vanilla extract with peppermint for that wintertime kick and they were a perfect Superbowl Sunday snack.

Check out Tayna's blog for the recipe. Sorry for the cruddy cell phone picture, but you'll see plenty of lovely shots on the TWD blogroll!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/technology/personaltech/11pogue.html

just sayin