June 2, 2010

Oven "Fried" Sesame Chicken

I received this cookbook as an engagement present from my mother-in-law, and I've marked dozens of recipes that I want to make. The only problem was that I put it in the back of my shelf when we moved and forgot about it until last week. I saw the happily striped cover peeking out from behind a Rachael Ray cookbook and I promptly grabbed it. It's a great collection of Kosher recipes, all neatly labeled as meat, dairy or pareve, and it has some wonderful holiday menu suggestions that I'm going to use as a reference for our next holiday meal!

The first recipe I tried was good. Not outstanding, but good. It was incredibly easy and fast to throw together, which I liked. I enjoyed the flavor of the soy sauce with the sesame and pepper, but Alex wanted more kick. I think that I'd try a double-dip next time, along with some more spices, and see how that goes.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts (recipe called for bone-in w/skin removed, but I used boneless)
6 TBS sesame seeds (might toast them next time for more flavor?)
4 TBS flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup melted margarine or olive oil (if you're not kosher, you could use butter, I'm sure)

Instructions:
Pre-heat the oven to 400.

Mix sesame seeds, flour and black pepper in a shallow dish, and pour soy sauce into another shallow dish. Dip both sides of the chicken in soy sauce, and then dredge in the sesame seed mixture. Lay in a baking dish and drizzle with oil/butter/margarine. Bake 40-45 minutes (if bone-in) or about 30 minutes (if boneless).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey, I like the re-design! I haven't visited the blog in a while bc I've been viewing it in my reader. Also, the texture of this chicken looks dee-lightful. ALSO, you should probably feature a muppet in every post. Just saying- everybody knows muppets bump up traffic.

And finally, my word verification is "relint." As in, 'Relint: the act of giving in to cold weather and putting on a fuzzy sweater for the first time each winter." RELINT!