September 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Noodles


So one of the fun things about a work potluck is that I can make something I've been craving, knowing that there will be leftovers. Peanut butter has been a staple of my baby-diet, so it's no surprise that I zeroed in on this recipe.
I found a highly-rated recipe online and tweaked it for my tastebuds. I also made this at 10pm, after a very long day, so I was too lazy to do some of the required steps. However, the final product was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself!

Peanut Butter Noodles
adapted from allrecipes.com. I doubled everything for our potluck, and probably ended up adding 1/2 cup of peanut butter, total.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chicken broth (vegetable or water. Broth was pretty salty)
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root (or a few teaspoons of powdered ginger)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons hot chile paste (optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced (I was lazy and skipped)
8 ounces Udon noodles (I used linguine)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped peanuts

Instructions:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.

Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. Add noodles, and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.

0 comments: