October 13, 2010

My REAL Tuesday with Dorie


This woman rocks. She's adorable, warm, funny and just a joy to be around. It's so clear that she loves what she does and she loves meeting her bloggers!

I was invited to join her Washington Post cooking session yesterday, and I could barely contain my excitement. I've been a Tuesdays with Dorie baker for 2.5 years now, and I just joined French Friday's with Dorie, in honor of her amazing new book. She came to the WaPo kitchen for a cooking demonstration, but we were all so busy chatting and hanging out, that she didn't even start making anything for the first 40 minutes. Loved it!

I, unfortunately, couldn't stay the whole time, as I had to make it home in time for a baby class. I didn't want to leave. I could cook with Dorie all day long and never get tired. I watched her make chocolate mousse and start on a delicious chive and cheese bread (both of which are in her SCRUMPTIOUS new book!), and I left with some wonderful memories.

Dorie, you're the best! Thanks for letting me crash your interview and for all the good wishes.

4 comments:

Ruth H. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How awesome! Isn't it great when the folks we look up to not only live up to but exceed our expectations? Sounds like a great event to have been at! And you look amazing, by the way!

Pamela said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a lucky girl you are! And you look FANTASTIC! Keep feeling good.

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That must have been such a special treat to hang out with Dorie!

helene50 said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great experience for all of you!