July 12, 2011

TWD: I love scones. Sconey sconey scones.


I love scones - they are incredibly easy to make and the buttery crumbly texture goes very nicely with my morning coffee. I jazzed these up (although, to be honest, they didn't need it!) with some dark chocolate chunks and passed them off to my coworkers. It's great to be able to bake for a big crowd again!

Scones are best served/eaten fresh out of the oven, like biscuits, so I'll keep this simple recipe on hand for my next family brunch. Thanks to Lynn of Cafe Lynnylu for choosing this weeks delicious Dorie dish! See Lynn's blog for the recipe.

6 comments:

Cindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, I should have added some chocolate! What a perfect addition!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the chocolate chunks in yours... I'm definitely doing that next time! :)

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the chocolate chunks in yours... I'm definitely doing that next time! :)

Nicole said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Chocolate would be great in these. I used cranberry orange butter and that added just enough, still simple and beautiful.

Jules Someone said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These were totally delish! Love the chocolate.

Cakelaw said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yummo! Gotta love chocolate chunks in a scone.