August 30, 2008

Operation Baking Gals

I've joined yet another online baking community - this one is for a great cause! Whether or not you support the war in Iraq , there is no denying that the troops deserve our gratitude. They serve this country with honor and I am happy to help from my tiny kitchen. A fellow blogger, Susan, of She's Becoming Doughmesstic, started this baking group that bakes every month and sends the treats to different units stationed overseas, in order to thank them and help boost morale.
I just joined and will contribute my baking to a group at the end of September. I figured that would be a great time because it will be Rosh Hashana (the Jewish New Year) and I can send some sweet New Year goodies to the troops.

If you would like to join Operation Baking Gals, just visit them and sign up! We can always use more treats for the troops.
**The next TWD recipe is on it's way...**

0 comments: