August 31, 2008

Fah-mehs Mah-ket

(Boston speak for Farmers Market) Hey, I grew up in MA, what do ya expect?


My friend Dana and I have been wanting to try the big Baltimore Farmers Market for a while and we got out butts in gear this morning. It's under the JFX (Rt. 83) b/w Holliday and Saratoga...and it's awesome! Totally gigantic with so much to see, smell and taste. I brought my camera but was too overwhelmed to take pictures. It was super crowded, too, so when I go again, I'll probably go earlier in the morning.

I kept looking at every vendor, imagining the yummy dishes I'd make with farm-fresh ingredients. I also really like that I'm supporting local farms instead of big corporations. Eventually I settled on tomatoes, fresh basil, peaches, eggs and two huge yummy-looking portobella mushrooms. Mmmmm....can't wait to get to work!

If you live in an area with a farmers market, I BEG you to check it out. Once you have tomatoes off the vine (really off the vine, not "off-the-vine" labeled in Superfresh) you'll be spoiled forever. Now our whole apartment smells like fresh basil and it's amazing!

1 comments:

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We went to ours this morning too-- loved it!

Except the only fruit we have is raspberries and apples-- jealous of your peaches!