August 17, 2008

TWD #1: Granola Grabbers

As you can see, all my baking will now be done in this tiny oven that barely fits my baking sheet! It takes careful maneuvering in order to make everything fit properly, but so far, so good.

I was finally able to do my first Tuesdays With Dorie recipe and they are delicious! Granola Grabbers are chunky cookies made with granola and lots of other stuff. I made a few alterations that I noted in the recipe, but only for health reasons. I used the WW online Recipe Builder and these are only 3 points per cookie. Not terrible, but it means that I will send them with Alex to work tomorrow.
*Update* I double-checked the rules for TWD posting and they asked that we not include the actual recipe online. They want to promote the book, rather than supply people with the recipes online. This totally makes sense so I removed the recipe. Sorry TWD folks! It won't happen again :-)


Enjoy these yummy cookies with a BIG cold glass of milk!

8 comments:

Jaime said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

they look great! welcome to TWD

Shelby said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great job! I have had a tiny oven before also - made it hard to do some things I wanted to do!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that is one tiny oven! welcome to the group - i look forward to seeing all your baking.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great job dealing with that tiny oven!

Engineer Baker said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, that is one itty bitty oven! Welcome to TWD.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These look great! I used to have a tiny oven back in NYC... it couldn't even FIT a baking sheet! So I know your pain! Welcome to TWD!

Pamela said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the WW points info. I was blindingly eating them, ignoring the fact that I hadn't checked the points value. Know that I now, it may just help me keep my hands off!! Congrats on getting your first TWD recipe up. And good luck with that little oven.:o)

Bungalow Barbara said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations on your first TWD post! That's a tiny oven. Well, maybe that means fewer cookies & smaller cakes which might not be such a bad thing...

Enjoy!