September 15, 2008

Blog Rewind: Crash Hot Potatoes and Chicken with Scallion Sauce

Oh Pioneer Woman, how I love thee. I have wanted to try pretty much all of her recipes since I found her blog last year, but my little heart can't take the butter. So I made a list of PW recipes that I would try slowly. Honestly, I don't know if I could bring myself to make some of these, or if I did, I would cut back on the butter/cheese, or replace it with fat-free etc. Still...it all looks amazing.









Okay, back to me! This post really should be all about the Crash Hot Potatoes. The chicken dish was just okay. I honestly don't think we will make it again, so I won't subject you to the recipe.
But oh, the potatoes. OH the potatoes!!! Just make them. Tonight. Do it.
Ingredients:
New Potatoes (or other small round potatoes)
Salt
Olive Oil
Black Pepper
Herb (I used scallions, but you can use anything really...thyme, rosemary, basil, etc)
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450. Bring a pot of water to a boil and toss in the potatoes. Cook until they are fork tender. Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet and paint it around to coat. Once the potatoes are done, place them on the baking sheet with about 1-1.5 inches between each one. Take your potato masher and gently press down on each one. Then, rotate the masher 90 degrees and mash each again. Don't mash them all the way down...they should resemble a cookie. Drizzle/brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and herb of choice. Bake at 450, until browned and crispy, about 20 min.
Serve hot and enjoy!

1 comments:

Katrina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the comment on my blog!
I love Pioneer Woman, too! What foodie doesn't?
The potatoes look so yummy. I think I made them once, years ago and they didn't turn out, I need to try them again!