September 11, 2008

Blog Rewind: Grilled Margherita Portobello Mushrooms

So I've been a teeny bit lax in posting some meals. I'm sorry! The next few enteries will be Blog Rewinds...eaten many days ago, but still oh-so-delicious!

I picked up some great portobello mushrooms, tomatoes and fresh basil at the Farmers Market and perused around the Weight Watchers recipes and there it was: A combination of all my fresh ingredients along with my other favorite - cheese! I love a good marinated or grilled portobello mushroom. Especially when all the yummy juices oooze out over everything...mmm....sorry, am I drooling?

The mushrooms cook down a lot during this, so one per person was not enough. Next time, I'll make at least two per person.

Ingredients:
4 medium portobello mushroom(s), stems removed, wiped clean with a damp paper towel
1 sprays olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
2 medium plum tomato(es), sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
8 leaves basil, fresh (for garnish)

Instructions:
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place mushrooms on a tray and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Place mushrooms on grill, underside (gill) down, and cook, covered, 4 minutes. Uncover and using tongs, flip mushrooms; cook for 4 minutes more.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
After mushrooms have cooked for 8 minutes, remove them to a tray and reduce grill heat to medium-low. Fill each mushroom cap with about 2 tablespoons of seasoned cheese. Place mushrooms back on grill and cook, covered, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Remove mushrooms to a serving plate and top each with 4 slices of tomato and 2 basil leaves.
Yields 1 mushroom per serving, 1 point per serving.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have to remind myself how wonderfully healthy portobello mushrooms are as a base for some dishes! This looks awesome and I love the combo of flavors!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Mmmm...this looks good! I'm gonna try to make this!

Thanks for visiting my blog!