November 4, 2008

No TWD for me

Sorry friends :-( I spent all weekend baking my cookies for Operation Baking GALS and I needed a break. I'm going to bend the Dorie rules a little bit and bake the rugelach next week instead of the assigned cake. Hope that's okay, TWD Leaders!

I was supposed to be traveling for work, but this trip fell through. I'll be on the road this weekend and late next week.

I look forward to seeing all the other rugelach bakers! You all give me such nachas, I'm kvelling*. In honor of the fact that you're baking a traditionally Jewish dish, I leave you with some hilarious Haikus for Jews (from David Bader).

"Can't you just leave it?"
the new Jewish mother asks --
umbilical cord.


Hava nagila,
hava nagila, hava....
enough already.


Mom, please! There is no
need to put that dinner roll
in your pocketbook.


Lonely mantra of
Jewish mother: "They never
call, they never write."


Scrabble anarchy
after 'putzhead' is placed on
a triple-word score.


Is one Nobel Prize
so much to ask from a child
after all I've done?


*10 brownie points for a translation. Nu? You could learn a little Yiddish for me, after all I've done.


PS - TWD'ers - if you're responding to a comment I left you about a certain project(wink wink) please email me instead of leaving a comment. It's easier for me to keep track of everyone :-) bethberg12@yahoo.com Thanks so much!!

12 comments:

Flourchild said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

DId I see that your taking donations for a gift for Lori? Please let me know as I think this a wonderful idea! Thanks!

Jodie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great idea Beth re: something for Laurie. Let me know what you'd like to do, I'd be happy to contribute. jodiedotwilliamsatgmaildotcom

Katrina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yes, in answer to your question on my blog. Just let me know when and how.
Cute blog. I haven't seen yours. There's SO many!

Carla said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That would be a great idea! You mean via paypal? As long as the donation isn't above $5, I can contribute :)

TeaLady said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Too funny! These haikus. I giggle.

Count me in for the donation.

betty geek said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awww, we both had no TWD this week! Yes, count me in for the contribution. If you need more dinero, let me know. Thanks!

Nancy/n.o.e said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Loved the culture lesson! I hope you enjoy the rugelach next week - I loved this recipe.
I'll be happy to chip in, and PayPal is so easy, that gets my vote!
Nancy

Sabrina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't wait to see your Rugelach next week. I will send you an email about the you know what... :)

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I enjoyed the haikus. Have fun catching up with the rugelach next week, they are so good!

Libby said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ha ha ha! cute post!

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey Beth!! I didn't TWD-it thios week either. Thanks for stopping by!! I will be back for a vosot for sure!!

Bungalow Barbara said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your haikus! Sorry, I picked up only "basic Yiddish" from my Jewish friends as I grew up. You're over my head there! (I also picked up a love of rugelach...Yum!)