November 21, 2008

Sick.

Ugh, I hate the annual winter cold. Sometimes it's a head cold, sometimes it's a chest cold -- this time it's a whopping sinus/head/sore throat combo. I can't take my usual barrage of Advil Cold and Sinus because it will interact with some medications I'm on, so I'm stuck relying on Emergen-C and Zicam.

So, the baking and cooking will be on hold. I can't imagine anyone would want me snuffling over their dinner. I will, however, be making the next TWD recipe, Thanksgiving Twofer Pie (pumpkin on the bottom, pecan on top). Like a mullet! Business in the front, party in the back :-)

I'll be back soon.

4 comments:

The Food Librarian said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Get well soon!!!

Cristine said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope you feel better!!! My house is sick with head colds,too!

#1SAHM said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So sorry to hear you're sick! Can you take psudophedrine? If not, you can also boil water in a large pot, put it on a hot pad on a counter, put your face over it (not too close of course) and put a towel over your head. Keep it like that for 10-15 minutes (if you can). It'll help clear your sinuses and therefore help your head feel better. Hope you get better soon! : )

Cristine said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have a blog award for you whenever you can stop by! :) Hope you are feeling better!