November 24, 2008

A Monday Full of Great Things!

Wow! When have you ever had a Monday that made you smile? Today is a great day!!

I received my very first blogger award, from the oh-so-sweet Christine at Cooking with Christine. She's got a great blog with delicious recipes, and those Nutella Cookie Bars are positively drool worthy. Not to mention she's an Army wife and mother of 2...and she still has time to cook and blog!! Thank you, Christine! This was so nice - I'm flattered!


It is now my duty to pass this award on to some of my favorite bloggers:

1) Amber from Amber's Delectable Delights. She has fantastic recipes and great pictures...and of course, all the food is amazing. Check out her blog and try them out for yourself! I highly recommend the Ranch Oyster Crackers and Veggie Pizza (minus the bacon of course).

2) Rebecca from Ezra Pound Cake. Her photography is amazing, the recipes are delicious and her writing never fails to crack me up. Seriously good blog.

3) Caitlin from Engineer Baker. I love that she loves making mini adorable versions of everything! I nearly purchased a teeny-tiny cookie cutter set just because she has inspired me. She also takes recipes and divides them up like only an engineer could, which I find fascinating. Great blog!

Okay, so you're thinking "Beth, that's nice and all, but is a blog award enough to put you in a really good mood on a MONDAY?" Well, okay...no, that's not all....

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!!!!

Pending inspection of course, but OMG we bought a house! We are so incredibly excited. Oh, and terrified. But I've been assured that's totally normal. Right?

It's an adorable 4 bedroom/3.5 bathroom townhouse in a fantastic neighborhood, outside of Baltimore. The previous owner took wonderful care of it and she recently updated all the bathrooms. The kitchen will need a facelift in a little while, but all the appliances are new. I finally get a gas stove! There is a gorgeous deck overlooking woods in the back and a woodburning fireplace in the living room. I can't believe it. I finally feel like a grown-up. A broke grown-up, but still...it's pretty cool.

5 comments:

The Food Librarian said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the awards and the HOUSE!! How exciting!! My fingers are crossed that escrow and inspection go well!

#1SAHM said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

congrats on the house! I hope that everything goes well for you and goes smoothly. : )

Engineer Baker said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the award, and thanks for passing it on (I'm terrible when it comes to keeping the chain going though, just so you know...). And a house - scary but exciting! Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly with that!

Cristine said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How exciting!!! Congrats on the house!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

~Amber~ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for passing the award on to me! That was really sweet of you.

Congratulations on receiving the award yourself and on your new house!!