April 30, 2009

I'm such a tart


Well, here it is folks, only 2 days late - Dorie's Chocolate Cream Tart. This recipe was chosen by Kim, of Scrumptious Photography...one of my absolute favorite TWD blogs! Her photos are amazing and very drool worthy.

I know I'm supposed to post on Tuesday, but the week got away from me. I had the dough chilling in the fridge until last night. I was able to finally get some time to make the filling and bake off the crust. My sister-in-law came over and I was really glad to have someone to share this tart with. It's so rich that just a forkful is enough for me. I love the chocolate crust and filling, but I'm not sure if I'll make this again. Oh, it's truly delicious, but just a little too decadent for my tastes.

I'm taking a TWD and blogging pause for the next 2 weeks. Yes, I know - it's sad for me, too! I'm heading off to exotic New Jersey for a work trip and then I turn right around and Alex and I drive down to the Outer Banks for a family wedding. His cousin, Jon, and fiance, Tammy, are getting married next Saturday in Duck, NC and I'm so excited! It's going to be a great time. If I cook anything fun this weekend, I'll be sure to post. If not, I'll be back in 2 weeks!

6 comments:

Kayte said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your tart looks wonderful. Have a great trip to NJ and a great vaca in the Outter Banks...celebrating!

Cristine said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The tart was really rich! Yours looks yummy! Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad it was a success for you. It was delicious!

Leslie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This looks delicious! I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the wedding.

TeaLady said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Tart Looks great. New Jersey, hunh!! Not the greatest state, but the Outer Banks, fantastic.

Matthew said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Outter Banks are fun and Duck is such a nice get away place. If you were closer to this area, I'd say swing by and surprise Val on her 30th Bday.