May 14, 2009

I'm Back!

Did you miss me? I had a wonderful vacation with Alex and his family, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We stayed in the adorable town of Duck and spent as much time as possible on the beach. I didn't grow up on the water, but being from Boston, it was easy enough to take summer trips to the Cape. Now as an adult, I need at least one yearly trip to the ocean in order to feel whole. It just seems to center me. The sound of the waves, the tangy smell of salt air, the hot and crunchy sand...I love it.

The wedding itself was beautiful. Very intimate and family oriented, which was so special. The groom is Alex's cousin and he and his wife are just wonderful and caring people. We had such a blast. Well, except for a 12-hour deep sea fishing trip that consisted of constant sea-sickness, but Alex won't want to revisit that memory anytime soon. But hey - they caught 44 lbs of delicious mahi-mahi! There is nothing like fresh fish. Amazing! It was just as good a few days later when we made fish tacos, too.

Here are some pics of our vacation. Now that I've experienced the OBX, I'm addicted. I want to go back!

The glorious beach! Oh how I miss it...


Alex making fish tacos for everyone


The cake from the rehersal dinner - so cool! I had a bite of it, so technically, this is the first "crab cake" I've ever eaten.



One of the houses that the family rented for the week

1 comments:

Matthew said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad you enjoyed the OBX of NC. It really is a gorgeous area and a slower pace of life. Plus, there is the seafood!