May 26, 2009

TWD: Chipster Topped Brownies


Oh Dorie. I did not want to make this recipe. I didn't want to be anywhere near it. I can't resist brownies. Seriously, it's a total achilles heel weakness. Usually, I just go straight for the boxed mix, when I make them (which isn't often at all or I'd turn into a brownie). But this was homemade brownies, complete with butter and melted chocolate...all topped with a layer of chocolate chip cookie. Could it get anymore killer than that?

Yeah, I really didn't want to make them. But I did. I knew that they would be perfect for a Memorial Day barbeque and I could bring a few of them to my Girls Night on Sunday. Other TWD'ers noted that the cookie batter was really difficult to spread onto the brownie batter, so I tried to use a very light touch. I didn't have enough batter to reach all the edges of the pan, so I was left with a 1-inch margin of brownie all around. Not that this was a bad thing. The other bakers also said that even at 55 minutes, the middle brownies were underbaked while the cookie layer was getting overbaked. Again, underbaked brownies are not a bad thing.

Overall? This recipe rocks. The brownies are rich and delicious, topped with a thin and crispy layer of chocolate chip cookie, and it all melts in your mouth. I'm keeping the leftovers tightly covered, hoping that out of sight = out of mind. And that Alex eats them all very soon. I would totally make these again, but only for a big party with lots of people. If you want to try these, check out the recipe here, on Suppilicious, by Beth (a great name, BTW!).

6 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I had a hard time not eating the whole pan... seeing as it's just me in the house! Thanks goodness for co-workers!! :)

Nicole said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My brownies were under baked, but that's not all bad. I've left the whole tray of them on the counter at home. I really should have packed them up and taken them to work. Oh well, I guess my husband and I will just eat them.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YUM! I'm glad they were a success for you.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your brownies look so fudgey and yummy! I had to take them to work but I did leave all the edges for me at home...

Leslie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so glad these were a success for you! I think they sound wonderful.

TeaLady said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They were not easy to resist. I baked, and baked, and baked and they never really did get completely done. But good.

Yours look perfect.