July 8, 2009

I did WHAT?!?

Uh oh...what have I gotten myself into? I just signed up to join the Daring Bakers and I'm kinda scared. These bakers make things like homemade streudel, spinach lasagna noodles...and YULE LOGS! What would this nice Jewish girl do with a Yule Log? I don't know, but I think that's the point of this membership. To challenge myself as a beginning baker and learn new skills and techniques. I was intimidated when I started TWD and it's been a total blast. So, I'm jumping into the mixing bowl with both feet. Hopefully, I'll be accepted as a member and will start next month!

The Daring Kitchen posts every month, but the recipes are kept on double secret probation until everyone posts. So you won't get any sneak peeks from me! You will, I'm sure, hear ridiculous stories about me spilling things all over myself and crying over fallen cakes :-)

Kitchen messes galore...here I come!

2 comments:

TeaLady said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was a little leary, too, about joining DB, but it is fun. The recipes are challenging, but you can do the Daring Cooks or the Daring Bakers, which is nice to be able to pick.

Welcome to the CLUB.

Matthew said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I thought about doing the Daring Bakers, but just don't feel like I have the time, space or equipment to do such. Maybe your adventures will spur me on.