July 6, 2009

Steinerpalooza 2009

What a weekend! Alex and I threw a party this past Friday and I think I'm still recovering. We invited friends and family over to go tubing in Gunpowder Falls and then to hang out at our house for a BBQ. It was so much fun that we've decided to make it an annual event. Next time, we're making t-shirts! River tubing is pretty awesome. You float down the river, in your big inner tube, with a few cold beers trailing next to you. We had a grand ol' time, splashing around and enjoying the great weather.

I didn't go kitchen-crazy because there were a lot of people who offered to bring food. We grilled up burgers, dogs and hot sausages, all from the local Kosher butcher. I made Bourbon Baked Beans and my favorite White Bean Dip, and then for dessert, we grilled peaches and pineapple. I also tried a new recipe for Sauvingon Fruit Splash - it was a hit!

Overall, we had about 30 people with a never-ending supply of beer and food. I was a little to busy to get pictures of everything, but I managed to sneak in a few. Our friend, Will, took some amazing pictures with his ultra-fancy Nikon camera. I was very jealous.


Alex and his friend, Dan, grilling


Burgers...waiting to feed the masses!


This is what happens when you give our friends beer and BBQ tools


Grilled pineapple - amazing!


How to store beer when you have at least 20 6-packs and no cooler...

0 comments: