August 13, 2009

Chocolate is a girls best friend...

...especially when it's bite-sized. This week's TWD was Brownie Buttons, an adorably small bite-sized diet killer. They are dense and rich, overflowing with a buttery chocolate flavor that makes it impossible to eat just one.

I had a blast making these and thought for a full week about what I could do for new flavor twists. Now, don't get me wrong, I love chocolate. I have just come to see it as more of a blank palate for experimentation. The original recipe called for orange zest, which is a fantastic combination. But why stop there? I divided up my first batch and put a Junior Mint in half of them for that classic chocolate mint flavor.

But that wasn't enough. The full recipe only makes about 16 of these teeny tiny beauties and I needed more! So my next batch was a little more dangerous - Chipotle Chocolate Buttons. They look innocent if you don't know what's in there. The first bite is rich and decadent, and all of a sudden, the heat creeps up the back of your throat and into your mouth. It's a deliciously sweet burn.

This recipe is a keeper. It's so easy to put together and a great way to experiment with your favorite chocolate flavor combos. Check out the other TWD bakers and see what they cooked up (recipe here)!


Chipotle Chocolate Buttons



Orange Chocolate Buttons


Chocolate Peppermint Buttons

3 comments:

Charli said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooo chipotle chocolate buttons sound awesome! How much pepper did you add to the recipe?

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your buttons look cute. I love the way you decorated them.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, those look great! Nice job--why don't you open a chocolate shoppe near me?