August 23, 2009

Someone DEFINITELY is in the Kitchen with Brina...

Someone very unwelcome. Someone who nibbles through containers in the pantry and leaves little "presents" on the kitchen counter. Ick.

These are carb-loading mice, as Alex says, since they only went for the popcorn kernels, barley and flour in the pantry. I spent most of yesterday cleaning and scrubbing out everything they could have possibly touched, and tomorrow we have a pest control guy coming.

Look, I mean, I know people think they are cute and all, but really? Not welcome in MY kitchen. They aren't paying mortgage, they don't contribute to the food bill, they eat my baking supplies, and they think my kitchen counter is their toilet. Not so cute anymore, right?

2 comments:

Mary said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So Sorry....I had the same thing when I lived in Boston....I hope they vacate the premises soon....

JLGB said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

eek. never good. I recommend putting anything they like in either tins or hard-core plastic containers. The pest guy will tell you the rest. Call me if you need more tips - I could go on for hours!