September 2, 2009

TWD: Espresso Cheesecake Brownies


This weeks chocolate and coffee goodness was picked by Melissa of Life in a Peanut Shell. I whipped them up last night because today is a Welcome Back luncheon in the office and I wanted to bring a sweet dessert for everyone. Some TWD'ers thought that the swirls were too pretty to cover with the sour cream icing, but I was really intrigued by the flavor combos so I wanted to do the recipe as written. Well, except for adding cocoa powder to the sour cream icing to give it some depth :-)
Other than that, exactly as written!

I haven't tried them yet (it's only 9AM!) but I'll come back and post an update after I sample a tiny piece.


**Update** Just tried a small piece and they are delicious! The brownie layer was a bit dry, as other TWD bakers found, but the coffee/chocolate/sour cream combo was fantastic. I'm not a huge cheesecake fan, so these weren't my favorite Dorie recipe, but they do taste good.

5 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your swirls came out beautifully!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad you liked them. Your swirls look great!

Katrina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah, not a favorite Dorie recipe, but I love baking through this book with everyone!

TeaLady said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Not a keeper here. But i like the idea of a brownie base for cheesecakes.

Yours look just fine.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh I want one!