October 20, 2009

Sweet Potatoes for 2 Sweet Years


Happy Anniversary to my best kitchen taste-tester, Alex. 2 years of love and laughter and you make every day better. I love you.


So these Sweet Potato Biscuits weren't really in honor of 2 sweet years, but it was the best way I could tie the blog postings together. This TWD recipe was chosen by Erin, of Prudence Pennywise.


The flavor of these were spot on - sweet and spicy, with the potato highlighted by nutmeg and cinnamon. The only problems were that they didn't rise as much as other biscuits I've made, and even after 22 minutes in the oven, they were slightly underdone. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I blame a lack of kitchen mojo. I'd been working on my third attempt of the Daring Bakers October Challenge (to be revealed next week!) and I think I was tapped out.

I would like to make these biscuits again, but I'll try someday when I feel that my oven will be my friend, not my frenemy.

2 comments:

#1SAHM said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy 2nd anniversary! Hope it's a great one! : )

mdeals said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Its really so great..... happy your second anniversary.....