February 23, 2010

TWD: Honey Wheat Cookies


It was bound to happen. Nearly 2 years of baking with Dorie and I finally hit a recipe that neither Alex nor I enjoyed. These Honey Wheat cookies sounded so promising! They contained all my favorite things - honey, whole wheat, lemon, butter...and yet, I couldn't even eat more than 1/2 a cookie.

I was really disappointed until I figured out why. When I have a cold, I usually grab Honey Lemon cough drops. I'm not sure why, but I guess it's just the lesser of cough drop evils, in my mind. One bite of these cookies, and I was instantly reminded of Honey Lemon cough drops. That's not what you want in your dessert! So, I bundled them up and sent them to work with Alex. I seem to be in the minority here, since most of the other TWD bakers loved them. Oh well, you can't win them all!

4 comments:

Susan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well, they look good. :) I had my doubts about these and almost didn't make them. My hubby ate one and "washed" the flavor away with a chocolate chip pecan cookie. :)

Becky @ Project Domestication said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

so sorry you didn't enjoy these. but i totally know what you are talking about...i have several bad "taste memories" that make it so I can't enjoy some foods.

can't wait to get to know you and your blog better!

Pamela said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I liked them, but don't think think I'll make them again. Still, at least you tried.

Kayte said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sorry you didn't like them...they certainly looked good! I loved these, they were the perfect match with a cup of tea as the lemon and honey were built right into the cookie. What a deal!