June 7, 2010

Cupcake Bites


Tiny things are cute. I can't explain it, but they just are. There's something inherently adorable about a minature version of something that's usually big, especially when it's done in detail. Like dollhouse accessories, for example. Itty bitty rolling pin for the kitchen? Teeny weeny pair of glasses? So much cuteness.

In the baking blog world, there is a creative genius known as Bakerella. Her big things are cake pops and cupcake pops, and when she makes them into minature characters and animals...well, the cuteness is just mind-blowing. Don't believe me? Check it out.

I've wanted to make her cupcake bites for a long time, but never had the occasion. Yesterday, however, turned out to be the excuse I was looking for! My sister-in-law, Mariel, is moving to San Francisco in a month, and my in-laws threw her a goodbye party last night. Mariel loves tiny versions of things, so I knew these eensy weensy cupcakes would be a hit.

They are an impressive addition to a party, but be forwarned - they take a LOT of work. It's not hard, it's just tedious. This isn't something you can whip up in an hour, in fact, I did these over the course of two days. Delicious, rich, adorable...yes. However, unless I have a special request for them and loads of free time, I don't know if I'll ever have the energy to make them again. I'm exhausted!

Recipe Found Here


Just so you can get a sense of their adorable size!

0 comments: