June 9, 2010

TWD (a day late): Tender Shortcakes


Oh TWD, how I missed you! I knew that I couldn't handle the scheduled baking during the 1st tri, so I put myself on "pause" with both TWD and Daring Bakers...but I'm back, baby!

I made these shortcakes last night (right before the Glee finale) and we enjoyed them while they were still warm. OHMAHGAH these are good. Seriously tender, crumby, ever-so-slightly sweet and deliciously buttery...covered with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. It made my current uterus occupant very happy.

This perfect summer recipe was chosen by Cathy, of The Tortefeasor. It's an incredibly simple one (I threw it together in about 20 minutes), and very impressive. A great "vehicle" for all those fresh and juicy summer berries. I used strawberries, but any berries would work here!

1 comments:

Cathy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcome back!! Glad that the 1st tri (and hopefully the fatigue/sickness that can come with it!) is behind you - hope that means you can enjoy lots more baking these days! I am so glad that you (and the baby) enjoyed these! Your shortcakes look incredible. Thanks so much for baking with me this week!