August 31, 2010

TWD: Espresso Chocolate Shortbread


::BOI-OI-OI-OING::

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you say something? I couldn't hear you because the baby and I were bouncing off the walls from the caffeine buzz. So, apparently, giving up all caffinated beverages for 6 months means it will be a BAD idea to eat espresso chocolate cookies before bed. I could literally feel this kid doing flips and kicks for a good 30 minutes.

However, my shortbread feelings still stand: They aren't my cup of tea (espresso?). I just don't like the texture. Alex loves them, though, so I still make them for him...hoping that each time, I'll change my mind and love them. Nope, sorry. I can say, though, that they are asty little things, with a rich coffee dough and studded with chocolate. They aren't too sweet and would go very nicely with a cup of coffee. Decaf, definitely.

9 comments:

Flourchild said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are good cookies with tea or coffee. They look yummy!

Cindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I made the oatmeal spice shortbread. It was delicious, but I love shortbread so no surprise here. I wish there were more cookies I didn't like. No self-control!

Mary said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So funny. I had to make the oatmeal spice version because I was scared to have espresso cookies around my three and five year olds :).

natalia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ciao Beth ! I actually made them decaf, sorry they did not encounter your taste !!

Jeannette said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I feel like a freak having consumed my fair share of these treats and not having that caffeine high. I hardly drink coffee and I don't drink sodas hardly ever so I wonder why I'm not affected by the rush. :(

I'm glad you gave them a fair shot at your taste buds, even if they aren't your cup of non-caffeinated beverage ;)

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My daughter loved them! I didn't really notice an activity level difference, but that may have been because we went outside for a long walk afterward and she always has fun on those!
Glad at least someone enjoyed them!

Pamela said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Shortbread is not my favorite, but I do find that I am enjoying them more as I get older. I like the way your cookies look in that cup, too!

Shandy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Serious caffiene! I had one in the morning and felt the buzz jolt. Your cookies look delicious!

Judy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your new little one may enter this world with an appreciation for coffee! Perhaps a different flavor would work for you.