October 5, 2010

TWD: Double Apple Bundt Cake

It's FALL! It's here! FINALLY!
Crisp leaves!
Pumpkin!
Cool air!
Apples!
Pumpkin!
Maple!
Cinnamon!
Cider!
Pumpkins!
FALL!!!!!!!!!!



I love fall.

This week's TWD recipe was a delicious way to usher in my favorite season - a spiced apple bundt cake, studded with raisins, pecans and bursting with apple yumminess. I spiked the cake with a little of my new favorite ingredient, King Arthur Flour Boiled Cider. What is this magic concoction, you might ask? Oh, nothing...just the nectar of the Fall Gods. Spicy apple cider flavor, intensified into a syrup that you can use in all your baking. Love.

I didn't do the optional glaze topping, since the cake was perfect as a not-too-sweet breakfast. Of course, I forgot to take a picture before Alex whisked it off to work.

But you can check out the rest of the bakers to see what this gloriously delicious cake looked like! It's a real winner; not too sweet and stays moist and tasty for days. YUM!

6 comments:

Nichicakes said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've seen that boiled cider in their catalog and couldn't for the life of me figure out what I would use it in!

Cindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love KAF! My order was delivered yesterday. Have you tried their Burgandy Chocolate Chunks? They are delish. So was this cake.

Tia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i agree with you on the enthusiasm about fall flavors! I used an old Dorie recipe for apple cake, from her book "Sweet Treats" @ Buttercreambarbie

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I feel the same way about Fall! And might have to try that Boiled Cider...yummmm...

Cakelaw said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL - the Kermit clip definitely shows your enthuiasm for fall. I think spiking the cake with cider is a fab idea!

Flourchild said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Im sure it looked fabulous! Im glad you enjoyed the cake. I love fall too!!!