April 12, 2011

TWD: Mixed Berry Double Crisp


I'm back, baby!!!

::smooches Dorie's cookbook::

Oh, how I missed this cookbook! This baking group! The smell of butter and sugar caramelizing in my oven!

I waited until this little goober went down for his mid-day nap and then sped my way through the weekly recipe.

What are you making, Mom? Can I have some? It smells GREAT!

This weeks recipe was chosen by the lovely Sarah, of Teapots and Cakestands. Sadly, rhubarb were nowhere to be found around me, even the frozen kind. So I went with the next best thing - a bag of frozen mixed berries. I still followed the recipe, with a few adjustments, and it came out perfectly. The crumb topping is split into a top and bottom crust, sending waves of butter and sugar through the whole house as it bubbles in the oven. Alex and I enjoyed every bite of this - and it was great for breakfast the next day, as well! Great choice, Sarah.

4 comments:

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That little goober definitely wants a bite! So cute. And a great-looking crisp, too!

Nicole said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm sure the mixed berries were great! It won't be any time before your little one can share dessert with you.

natalia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wt a wonderful taster ! I love your combination !

Flourchild said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a cute happy baby! Im glad you were able to bake and enjoy it too! This crisp is a keeper!!