April 11, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad



Sometimes, the easiest dinner for us is to simply roast a chicken and use the leftovers for the next few meals. With just two of us (okay, and the scraps we feed to the dog), a whole chicken can get us pretty far. However, there are times when I want to jazz up my leftovers and get out of the same meal after a day or two. So I took this leftover chicken and made it into Curried Chicken Salad. I'm magical like that.

(if you like curry, you'll love my curried egg salad- yum!)

This is a great recipe because you can easily tailor it to your own tastes. I improvised, using what I know of other curried-salad-things, and just threw in a little of this and a little of that.

Ingredients:
Roast chicken, cut into chunks
Approx. 1/4 cup mayo (depending on your tastes)
Curry powder
Ginger powder
Salt
Pepper
Mango chutney, optional
Celery, chopped, optional (choptional?)

Instructions: Combine mayo, curry, ginger, salt, pepper, mango chutney and celery in a bowl, adjusting spices until you're happy with it. Throw in chicken and stir to combine. Let the flavors meld for a little while before serving - about an hour in the fridge.

1 comments:

Mariel said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I made chicken salad on Saturday! I've never made it before and don't usually like it but for some reason I really wanted it last week. I was thinking about something like this but we didn't have any curry.

I ended up using these leftover red onions I had pickled earlier in the week (plus a little of the juice mixed in to cut the mayo), celery, and a couple halved green grapes.

Basically I want pickled onions on everything now. Alright. Party on, Chicken Sally!