May 17, 2011

TWD: Maple Cornmeal Drop Biscuits


This weeks Dorie-tastic recipe was chosen by Lindsay of A Little Something...Sweet! This was a great choice, as it was so easy to throw together and I had everything I needed. The biscuits were crunchy on the outside, moist and crumbly in the middle, with a slight hint of maple sweetness. Unfortunately, all I had was the "fake" maple syrup, so the flavor wasn't as pronounced as I would have liked. But have no fear! I solved that by drizzling syrup over a hot biscuit. Delicious!

Thanks for the great choice, Lindsay!

8 comments:

Cindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A drizzle of Maple Syrup would be excellent. These were yummy. I did reduce the cooking time a few minutes. Crumbly and delicious.

Nicole said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I thought this was a good recipe. I liked using maple syrup but all I could pick up was sweetness, not distinct maple flavor. I still liked them though!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that outside crunch! So glad you enjoyed these! :)

Pamela said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sometimes you have to use what you've got. They look very good!

Tia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cornmeal does give a great cruch and texture eh?
Buttercreambarbie

Jules Someone said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Loved these! Go get some real maple syrup and try again. Yum!

Cakelaw said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved that these were easy to put together too. Yours look fab!

cakeflower said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad you liked them. I love the extra drizzle. Thanks for baking along with me.