June 8, 2011

Leggo my egg yolk...


I enjoy a good egg salad, but I practically ate my weight in it during my entire pregnancy. I don't know what it was, but there was something so AMAZING about an egg salad sandwich. I'm surprised Eli didn't come out demanding the Egg Salad Cheese Toast sammie from Cafe Hon upon birth.

However, now that I'm back on the WW Wagon (dang stubborn last 5lbs of baby weight!), I needed something a little lower in calories and fat. Enter the Low Yolk Egg Salad from Skinny Taste! So easy to make and super delicious. I doctored it up with some celery and scallions, and it was perfect. I'm going to make egg salad this way from now on because honestly, you don't even miss the extra yolks.

Ingredients:
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled
4 tsp Hellman's light mayonnaise
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp chopped green scallions or chives
salt and fresh pepper to taste

Instructions:
Separate the yolks from the egg whites and discard 3 of the yolks. Chop eggs and combine with mayonnaise, dijon mustard, scallions, salt and pepper.

0 comments: