June 8, 2011

Bet you can't eat just one...

This is another recipe from my childhood. I'm not sure where my Mom got this one, but I have fond memories of her making them in our old blue kitchen. So now I make them in my red kitchen!


They are a healthier version of potato chips, and a great side dish for a dinner. It's easy to throw them in the oven while you prepare the rest of the meal, but they are dangerously addictive. I nibble my way through the extra-crispy ones while I wait for Alex to come home.

Ingredients:
Baking potatoes, approx. 1/2 potato per person
Olive oil (the spray is better)
Salt
Pepper
Other seasonings, optional (Old Bay, Rosemary, Thyme, etc...)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400.

Slice the potatoes very thinly, making sure to keep the slices even. Spread them out in a single-ish layer on a baking sheet and LIGHTLY coat with olive oil. (Too much oil and they remain soggy. That's why I like the spray!) If the slices overlap slightly, it's okay. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and any other seasonings you want to use.

Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are lightly browned and crisp. Thinner slices might burn a little, but you can remove them and continue cooking the rest.

0 comments: