October 17, 2011

TWD: Not Your Ordinary Brownie!


This weeks Dorie recipe was chosen by the lovely Clivia of Bubie's Little Baker. Her blog title makes me smile, because I had a Bubbie and I've become her little baker, too.

Clivia chose Ginger Jazzed Brownies, which I must have flipped past at least a dozen times in the past few years. It never really appealed to me, which is strange because I love ginger and I love brownies. Who knew that they could taste so fabulous together!? The brownies are fudgy, a little cakey, and very chocolatey...while the ginger spice and heat comes through at the end. I nearly tripled the amount of ginger the recipe called for, because I knew some of it would bake out in the process. I think I acheived a good balance of chocolate and heat - not too spicy, but just enough so that you know it's something special!

5 comments:

Hindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Triple is a lot of ginger. My tastebuds are tingling at the thought. Glad you enjoyed them.
Thanks for baking with me this week!

Flourchild said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look great, nice and plump!

steph- whisk/spoon said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

those look good...nice and tall!

Chaya said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lucky you, increasing the ginger. I had my grandchildren over and was afraid to add more than a little. Brownies are brownies to them.

alvarosa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I used only a bit more ginger and wish I had tripled it, too. Even though there is a slight ginger after-taste, some more would not have been worse.