November 25, 2008

My Thanksgiving Contribution Line-up

Alex and I are celebrating Thanksgiving at his parent's house this year and my parents are driving down from Boston to join us. I'm SO excited! We are very fortunate that both sets of parents genuinely like each other and get along even without us around. This is going to be a great holiday! The only thing that would make it better is if my sister and her family could join us, but I know that nephew Riley wouldn't be able to handle the 8+ hour car ride.

We already know that we're going to spatchcock the bird and my MIL follows the fabulous Baltimore tradition of serving sauerkraut with turkey. Seriously, amazing. Try it!
I am going to contribute some Weight Watcher healthy side-dishes to mix in with the deliciously fattening array of mashed, sauteed, broiled, grilled, fried and baked selections.

Here is what I will be adding to the meal:

Appetizers:
WW Roasted Chickpeas
Good Things Catered White Bean Dip with Homemade Pita Chips

Sides:
WW Sauteed Green Beans and Pine Nuts
WW Barley with Apples, Onions and Squash

Dessert:
Tuesdays With Dorie Thanksgiving Twofer Pie
Helene's Blueberry Tart (possibly, if I have time)


Hmmm...that looks like a lot. Am I too ambitious? We'll soon find out!

1 comments:

Cristine said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like a fantastic Thanksgiving line-up! Hope your day is wonderful!