February 6, 2009

"Don't Kiss Me" Chicken

I forgot to take a picture last night, so you get a shot of my lunch on a faboo paper plate.

Otherwise known as Pan-Seared Chicken with Garlic Sauce. It's a lot of garlic, but baking it mellows out the flavor and makes it sweet and buttery. I love garlic - in any form. Bring it on! But, if you plan on kissing someone, make sure they eat it too.

This is another WW recipe. I've finally put the kitchen together (for the most part) because I was sick of buying meals and not being able to count the points on my food. It's fairly easy to put together, and took about 20 minutes. Using a gas stove is so much fun, too! I love that I have much more control over the heat under the pan, so my chicken seared oh-so-perfectly. And I have a real grown-up full-sized oven. With three racks! I can't wait to bake something.

Ingredients:
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
1 tsp olive oil
12 medium garlic cloves, halved
1 cup fat-free chicken broth, reduced-sodium, divided (or vegetable broth)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450°

Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle both sides of chicken with herb mixture.
Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side, until nicely browned. Add the garlic and 3⁄4 cup broth. Place the pan in oven and bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and garlic cloves are soft.

Remove the pan from oven and transfer chicken to a platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Add remaining 1⁄4 cup broth to pan. and mash garlic with a fork. Beware of splatters b/c the broth is going to be hot! Cook garlic mixture over medium heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated; stir. Serve garlic sauce over chicken.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2 tablespoons garlic sauce = 3 points).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What do you use as your oven proof kitchen dish?