February 13, 2009

Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture

My dad worked for Polaroid for 30+ years before he retired. Hence, my entire childhood, from birth to prom is captured in those little white-bordered instant pictures that we know and love. My first camera was a Polaroid Cool Cam, grey and pink, and my sister and I had a blast taking pictures of the dog all dressed up in our t-shirts. Alex and I even had a Polaroid wedding guestbook for people to use at our wedding!

When I saw this really cool application on another blog, I knew I had to try it. It even does the Polaroid sound! Ahhhh...memories. Poladroid is a crazy program that lets you drag over your pictures and it will reproduce them as a Polaroid shot...complete with the tinted colors and white border! You can even "shake" it around as it develops like we used to do (although, according to my dad, shaking Polaroids made the ink run).

My nephew dressed up for Halloween

I haven't had a chance to bake anything new lately. All the meals I've made have been repeats recently, but I do hope to get back to baking this weekend! I have a work trip from Sun - Wed, but you'll hear more from me when I get back.

Now go shake it...shake it...shake it like a Polaroid picture...

1 comments:

Marthe said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a cool find!!! I'm going to try this straight away!!